Definite signs of Spring approaching...
In the meantime, back inside the work continues on the office. I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed to show you all the "oops". There were a lot of them, and have let them go for a while. Once the new desk arrived they seemed to stand out even more , I was bound and determined to fix them so they would disappear.
This crack has bothered me for very long time. As I've said in the past I've always just settled, well I'm a girl on a mission and this project will be completed correctly. To the left of the crack is wood and to the right is concrete. You can obviously see the joining of the two wasn't too good. Then it dawned me, fill it with caulk sand it down and voile' it won't show anymore.
The outer edges started to dry even before I got the top part filled. Because the crack was so large it took 2 days for it to completely dry so I could sand.
Notice all the filling on the walls? That's where shelves hung with metal brackets that had been shot into the wall. My girlfriend and I used a crowbar to get them off and then worked the screws out of the walls. Thank goodness that little eyesore is gone.
I'm sure you're wondering what in the heck is that thing sticking out from the wall. When the basement was wired, it was done in a hurry and not quite finished properly. I sure hope someone else out there has some of these same issues. Again, the wire just dangling always bothered me, so I bought a cozy for a chandelier and wrapped it around the wiring.
Before we started working this was pretty flush to the wall, it still bothered me but not quite as bad as the exposed wiring did.
My best friend to the rescue. We came up with something to hide the wiring, a piece of wire mold. I'm sure many of you have seen them used again base boards to hide computer wires and such. It works so slick. On the back is the greatest adhesive strip, once you stick it, it is stuck. After surveying the situation we realized the piece of wiring there was too short, after purchasing more wiring, she started to work and completed rewired the boxes. She put in a piece of wire that was long enough to go into the box down below so we could put the piece on the wall straight. Yes, my friends, they own a heating and cooling business and her hubby taught her how to wire all sorts of things.... thank you Rodney for teaching Kim how to wire.
Working on the box down below required putting in a new outlet, the other one had gotten broken at some stage. If we were going to do it, it was going to be right. :--))
Because the wire mold comes in 4' sections, we had to piece the bottom part, out came the hack saw. And the process continued...... I cannot wait to show you the difference. The nasty faux painting is gone and I have a fresh coat of paint.. things are coming along.
Kim, My dear friend you know I love you and could not have possibly gotten this done without you. Along with the work we had a lot of fun, laughs and shouts of "girls rule".
I hope you'll come back for the reveal. I know I've said it was going to happen for the last week or so, but as you can see there was a lot more involved than just moving a desk in and the other one out.
With the sun finally shining today, we can see visible signs of Spring in our neck of the woods.
I hope you're having a terrific week and the sun is shining on you. Until next time...